Monday, August 19, 2013

I had a reasonable workout with Jim this morning, although we worked on upper body and my shoulder is not happy.  So I'm going to have an MRI and make sure my rotator cuff doesn't need an actual repair (just waiting for them to call and schedule it.)  No point in waiting since I'm very close to meeting my deductible for the year. 

Good news from Dr. Turner RE last week's blood tests.  My thyroid is fine, and I don't have Valley Fever.  He also had them run a sed test; while that doesn't identify what the problem is, it tells if there IS a problem.  Happy to report that my number was nice and low, which indicates all is well.  The only thing that came up is that I (once again) am showing very low Vitamin D levels, so (once again) will be on a weekly dose of  50,000 units.   

He's not sure if that is what is causing my tiredness (I spent another afternoon napping on the couch today) but it'll still be good to get my vitamin D levels back in balance again.  

And speaking of balance..... watch this!

We invited Alex over for dinner.  I grilled salmon (and also some onions), and also made a scampi pasta dish (out of a bag, and it was pretty tasty), steamed green beans, and watermelon.  When I picked up the salmon at the store this morning I didn't know Alex would be joining us and figured on some serious leftovers... silly me! 

After dinner, Estera and Ben and the kids stopped by on their walk.  Today is Willie's 2nd birthday (!) and I had a book for him (Where's Spot?) Whenever I go over there he runs to the bookshelf and gets the book I gave him for his 1st birthday, and we read together.  But tonight he wanted no part of looking at a book; he was much more interested in the kitten they found out in the yard.  Cute little thing; wonder where it wandered in from? 

Juliana was perfectly content to hang out with Alex.

She will be 1 in December, but (as you can see) still quite tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment