Thursday, August 22, 2013

Jeannie & Rich stopped by in the early evening yesterday while out walking their boxers.  We went out back to see the pool, and Molly noticed the 'walking rock' on the other side.  Of course she went to investigate Pokey - and promptly fell right into the deep end.  Bet she won't do that again!

Sure felt good to take a shower this morning (a couple of hours shy of the 48-hour mark, but off to have coffee at Starbucks with Jeannie and some of the other AQG ladies in a few.)  

I did get a call from the hospital yesterday, checking up on me.  The area did feel a little warm, and it was hard to tell if it was red or not what with the betadyne under the clear bandage, but once I got the bandage off this morning it looks pretty good.  Of course it does itch, and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it to watch out for any signs of infection.


Among errands I ran yesterday afternoon was a trip to the post office to (finally) mail my leaking thermorest back to Cascade Designs.  Not one of my little seat ones, but a full length one I have been using in Maryland under Mom's foldout couch.  The pad had developed a slow leak, and by morning it was flat.  I'd brought it home with me and made arrangements with Cascade to have it looked at, but had never gotten around to buying a large padded envelope. How nice that my Wavy Squares were delivered last week in one just the right size!

No comments:

Post a Comment