Thursday, August 8, 2013

Last night Diane called to see if I would be available to sub on 3 dates; they're pulling her out of the classroom and sending her to workshops so she can come back and teach the rest of the staff.  We both 'wonder' why someone from the administration doesn't attend, then share the info on one of the (many) half-days... though neither of us is surprised.  Sigh.
I'm available for the September and December dates, but the one in November coincides with the annual quilt program Pat Knoechel gives when she's in Arizona, and no way I'd miss that!  So this morning I headed over to the District Office to get signed up for the year and get my new ID badge.  I showered and dressed 'appropriately' in case they wanted to take a new picture, but Kelly said it was fine to stay with the old one.  In addition to subbing at Park Meadows, I've also included our nearby high school (now that the kids aren't there to be embarrassed by their mother.)  That could prove to be interesting!

This afternoon I saw the oncologist, and got the results of my latest CT scan of my chest/abdomen.  Everything looks good, and no sign of what could be causing the migrating rib pain (which I haven't experienced the past few weeks.)  So unless it returns and gets worse, we're not planning on doing anything else about it.

The other good news is that I don't have to see her again for 4 months (!) and I can get the port taken out now!  Now I'm just waiting for the hospital to call and schedule the procedure.  If the port hadn't been placed right where the seat belt rubs it would be a true non-issue, although honestly it's been quite manageable.

And that's been my Thursday so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment