Sunday, August 25, 2013

This post would give my hubby and kids a huge laugh... 
if they were reading my blog.  

I spent much of yesterday afternoon over at Carol's, fixing her computer for her.  That involved cleaning up her desktop (cluttered with stuff she will never need), plus making shortcuts/adding desktop icons for those things she does want access to: e-mail, my blog, solitaire, etc. 
Carol also wanted to get on FB, so 'we' signed her up and I added a desktop shortcut for that.  

Because of her failing eyesight one of Carol's biggest problems using the computer is 'finding' the arrow on the screen.
While it shows up reasonably well on the desktop against the darker background (although it sure would be nice if I could enlarge it!), it is very hard for her to find in her e-mail.

I expended a LOT of effort trying to change the appearance of her pointer; but no matter how hard I tried I could not get the computer to use the LENS MODE for it, which had seemed like one possible fix.

It would definitely help her if I could simply change the pointer to a solid, brightly colored arrow, but that does not seem to be an option at all.  (At least not in my reality...!)

Maybe there's a way to buy different options?  

If there's anyone out there who has an answer, let me know. 

In the SHOCKING NEWS Dept.: Carol also wants me to unhook the printer and hook up a different one. That is really WAY out of my comfort zone!

Not only do you have to plug stuff in where it goes (which in itself is hard enough), you have to actually tell the computer where to go to find the printer when you want to use it.  While on a certain level <g> I have NO difficulty telling a computer 'where to go'

this 'telling' involves a different set of skills.

Here's hoping her daughter/SIL will visit and take care of the printer before I end up in the Panic Zone!!!

Heard from Tom last night, and he's been having a blast.  Apparently word had gotten out at the Letchworth (NY) Knap-In that the (in)famous Pebblepimp was attending, and he was quite the celebrity.

I really, really, really had tried to get him to take at least one of his knives with him, but of course he couldn't take it on the plane with him.  Since he did not trust the baggage handlers he was not inclined to pack one in his suitcase. Everyone was quite disappointed that he did not bring a sample of his work with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment