Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday morning I worked out at the gym, and got in a really good session on my legs.  And it is getting easier to find the machines I'm looking for, which is some progress at least.

In the afternoon Patti came over and we tried to figure out how to fix the wobbly ceiling fan. (Tom hasn't had much luck with it, either.)  The problem seems to be where it's connected to the ceiling - but there's no obvious way to get at that connection.  I'm thinking I'll take a picture and head over to Home Depot and see if someone there can help.

I grilled chicken for a late dinner, and had invited Alex to join me when he got off of work at 8:00.  My original plan was to have leftovers, but when he asked if he could include his roommate Clay there went that plan out the window. <g>

This morning I had my measuring session at the gym.   

The good news is that my body fat has dropped 1.8% since I started at the gym, which is great incentive to keep working out.  The bad news? I still have a ways to go to get it to where it should be.

When I got home there was a message on the answering machine that tomorrow's MRI had been cancelled because Aetna would not approve it, and wanting me to call back and confirm I'd gotten the cancellation notice.
When I called back to confirm, it turned out that if I wanted to bypass the insurance and pay for it myself, they'd give me a 'discounted price'. Since I was already sitting down, I asked her to check on what that price would be.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it's 'only' $277,
so I'm going ahead with the procedure after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment