Monday, August 12, 2013

I had a good session at the gym with Jim this morning while working up a sweat - and the squats/lunges left my legs wobbly. I'm taking that as a good sign. 
(Wonder how sore I'll be tomorrow? Stay tuned!)

Once home I swept off the front porch and watered the plants before hopping into the shower. It's looking quite good out front, especially since Tom took out the dead hibiscus bush that never recovered after the five consecutive freezing nights this past winter. (I'm sure going to miss those pretty red flowers!)

By the time I left for my doctor appointment the pool deck guy was almost an hour late for his appointment, and he still hadn't shown up by the time I returned home. When Tom finally called him around noon he had no good reason for not showing or calling, and has rescheduled for Thursday. We can certainly understand when someone is running late - or even has to cancel - but that's what phones are for!

Back in 1876 an ol' boy named Bell
Invented a contraption that we know so well
By the 1950's they were in everybody's home
As a crazy little thing they call the telephone
Now there's one on every corner, in the back of every bar
You can get one in your briefcase, on a plane or in your car
So tell me why, haven't I heard from you

As for my appointment, the doctor is running a number of additional blood tests (the tech drew 3 or 4 vials) to see if we can get to the bottom of my tiredness. (He was appreciative of the latest bloodwork and CT results I brought with me.)  Among other things, he'll be looking at my thyroid functions, my B vitamin levels, and also checking for valley fever. Now we just wait for the results.

Today I got the substituting renewal form (along with the requisite check) ready to mail out to the AZ Dept of Education tomorrow, so that's another thing crossed off of my list. The renewal is expected to take about 3 weeks, which is great timing; my birthday (which is when it expires) is 3 weeks from tomorrow.

And speaking of things expiring on your birthday, Tom just realized that his driver license expired on his birthday (July 4) this year.  So he got to go have fun (NOT!) at the DMV office today.  There was the usual mob scene and long wait <sad face>, but at least there were no problems because the license had actually expired <happy face>!

This afternoon the hospital called to schedule my port removal.  Between my schedule and Tom's (I'll need a ride home afterwards) it's going to happen a week from tomorrow.  Which, BTW, is when my next scheduled (but now cancelled) port flush was.  How's that for a coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment