Monday, August 12, 2013

I spent a couple of hours yesterday morning mowing the front yards.  While I got a late start and it was warm out, at least most of the yard is in shade, which helped.  (Mom - it IS a dry heat!)  But so did a swim in the pool between the two sides. Have to admit that I was surprised to find that the water temperature has cooled down considerably; it was quite refreshing rather than bathtub temp. Now the front yard looks great (especially with all that weed eating Tom did), and I was feeling pretty good about myself.  Figured I'd shower and rest for a bit, and then hit the gym.  

Who knew <g> I'd get caught up in the the Breaking Bad marathon (we hadn't seen the past season - we'd watched all the previous seasons in a timely manner via Netflix) in 'preparation' for the final episodes they've been hyping?  

Thus I spent all afternoon in front of the TV, working on the panel challenge and watching the 'missing' season.  But when it came time for the 'final episodes', I found out that there are 9 of them.... as in a mini-season.  And now I have to wait until next Sunday, and the next, etc.

Off to the gym soon for my weekly session with Jim, then a quick trip home to shower, and then off again for an appointment with my PCP later this morning.  While I'm doing that, Tom with be dealing with the guy who resurfaced out pool deck 18 months ago.  Sadly, it's breaking up in several places.  Good thing it's still under warranty!

Today is the first day of classes for DVUSD, 
and I just heard the school bus go by. 

I'm taking this opportunity to wish EVERYONE

 Ready or not, here it comes!

And talking of ready - I don't think Alex will be taking classes this semester at PVCC.  Not sure when (if?) he'll go back, but in the meantime he's taking a break from his studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment