Sunday, December 2, 2012

Saturday morning Patti and I had planned to get massages (the massage school was running a weekend special, two 50-minute massages for $25) but I ended up sleeping in so that didn't happen; we 'rescheduled' our plans for Sunday.  I spent the (rest of the) morning working on my wizard robe - turns out that I had enough of a scrap of beaded fabric left to put a 4" 'cuff' on each sleeve.  From any sort of distance I think it will look like the real deal.  

Then in the afternoon we went to see 'Life of Pi' in 3D. The movie was quite enjoyable, and now I'd like to read the book.  Patti says the movie followed the book pretty closely.
I really expected the theater to be much more crowded than it was (although certainly no complaints about not having to wait in the ticket line.)  

We stopped in at Michael's afterward - Patti didn't find what she was looking for, but I scored some gold ribbon (on sale for 99 cents) to make streamers for my wizard hat.  Then back to Patti's house where she made DELICIOUS pesto pizza for dinner, and I got to taste my first pomegranate.  Yum!

I went to sleep around 10:00, and I thought I had set my alarm for early Sunday morning so we could do the massages.  But I must not have hit the 'save' button on my phone, because it never went off; when Patti called at 7:30 she woke me up!!!  (And it's not like I didn't get a good night's sleep.... I am so tired of being tired!)  I did zoom out of bed and get ready quickly, so we ended up leaving only 15 minutes later than planned - but that was enough time for a line to form all the way out the door at the massage school.  Still, we only had to wait an hour (there were a LOT of little curtained-off 'booths'), and by the time we left there mid-morning was no waiting.  So we probably could have gone for it on Saturday after all.
Turned out today was Leticia's first day doing 'real' people, and I was only her second massage.  (Patti said she was her masseuse's first massage.)  It was relaxing, but not as therapeutic as I might have liked.  Maybe they ran the special this weekend because they just had a class finish up?
Tomorrow I go for another ECHO test, and have a bunch of other errands to take care of.  But it sure was a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment