Friday, November 30, 2012

The computer fix was a HUGE success!  Turns out that 'they' (the folks who built the computer) divided the hard drive into 2 sections (C and D), each 144 gigs.  While C was full, D was completely empty.  Doug merged them together, which means I've now got 144 left.  
Guess I won't have to delete any photos after all!

Once Alex finds time in his busy schedule to help me, I should (finally) be able to pull the Jack-in-the-box clip off off the family video and post it.  Hope it's worth the wait!

Also, while Doug was here he uninstalled a bunch of stuff we no longer use/need, which gave me an additional several gigs.  So I'm in great shape... at least space-wise!
(in great shape for the shape I'm in)

And since none of that took up much time, he was quite happy to figure out why photos that have been rotated (and saved that way, and post just fine in an e-mail or on Facebook, thank you very much) insist on reverting back to their original orientation when I try to post them here on my blog.  It's an easy fix (in theory...) which means now there shouldn't be any more neck-craning to view misbehaving pix.

And he was happy to take the brownies back to the shop with him.

So it was a very good day;
as Montini said in today's column, I won the lottery.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2012/11/29/20121129montini1130-you-say-you-didnt-win-lottery-oh-id-wager-you-did.html

Then this afternoon Mary and I went to the movies to see Lincoln. It was very well done, and should win a number of Oscars.  Of course I thought of Dad often, and wish he could have seen it.  With me!

No comments:

Post a Comment