Saturday, November 24, 2012

The craft show yesterday turned out to be MUCH larger than we expected.  Usually tables fill the gym at a high school, but this one was indoors and out - and wish I'd thought to ask how many vendors were there. It wound all over the campus, and I was pretty tuckered out by the time we decided we'd shopped enough.  Didn't buy much (although I did see some very creative stuff), but luckily it seemed that other folks were in the shopping mood.  

One sewer proudly displayed this pillow:
Another woman had used up her odds and ends of fabric by making bags - and I loved the black one embellished with ruffles made from leftover strips.  A great idea for someday...

I haven't worked on my quilt the past few days because I was making a Somebunny Special bib for Lisa to take back to Tucson with her.  Her boss's wife had a baby last month.

Yesterday's mail brought a happy surprise (besides no bills...)  I got a letter from the Wickenburg Chamber of Commerce, and after 34 years of trying
two weekend passes to next year's Bluegrass Festival!  For those of you who want to mark your calendars, it'll be the weekend of November 8, 9, and 10.  You know what they say:

Last night I finally got to see Lemma (Lisa's albino leopard gecko that is also spending the holiday here in Phoenix with us) eat her crickets.  He may not be the brightest bulb in the box (reptiles in general aren't, as Pokey constantly proves, especially when compared to mammals) but it was fun to watch him.  (He was especially cute when his tiny tongue licked the calcium powder off of his mouth after each 'serving' of cricket.)  Because my flash would have disrupted him I don't have a picture to share at this time.  But Lisa has promised to send me some of hers, so later (maybe today?) I'll be able to share one with you.  Here's what a 'regular' leopard gecko looks like:

Found out yesterday that Alex and Stephanie did go shopping Thursday night after all.  And even though they were #800 (!) in line, they were able to score deals on TV sets.  So now Alex has one (larger than the one in our bedroom) set up in his room to play video games.  However his is not connected to Cable for TV yet - that depends on how much it will cost to add another set (Tom seems to think we're only 'allowed' two, which we already have), and whether Alex is willing to spring for that cost or not.

No plans for today - maybe I'll get some sewing done!


No comments:

Post a Comment