Monday, December 3, 2012

The ECHO test seemed to go well.  At least the tech (same one who did the last one) didn't run out of the room frantically looking for a doctor.  I'm going to assume my heart is just fine; they do keep checking, though, because of the possibility of heart damage due to the chemo drugs.  At least I'm not having any sort of chest pain.

On my way out I stopped in at the hospital gift shop (they have some really cute stuff) and found (of all things!) a spoon rest.  Mine broke quite a while ago and I hadn't found one I liked to replace it - until I saw this:  

I picked up Chanukah candles at Bed, Bath & Beyond (pretty sure the first candle is Friday night), then headed to the post office.  From the looks of the parking lot I wasn't too surprised to find the line of folks mailing packages snaked all the way out the door.  At least they had virtually all the windows staffed - none of these signs!
A woman tried to use the automatic postage machine near the end of the line, and had no luck; I guess she reported it, because a minute or two later one of the employees came to check it out - and said it was fine.  So a man asked for his help to use the automatic package mailing system. (We'd all noticed it, but despite the long line no one was brave enough to try it.)  It seemed to be a snap, so next I had the guy help me.  In less than five minutes, I was out of there. And the (very long) line hadn't moved a bit...

A quick (but not cheap) stop at the gas station, and I decided I was done with errands for today.  The rest can just wait until tomorrow.

Alex is still having difficulty grabbing the Jack-in-the-box clip off of the DVD.  We spent considerable time this afternoon and are still unable to figure out what the problem is.  

Apparently Alex used to do it 'all the time' for video assignments back in high school, so he knows what to do... it just isn't working.  I'm wondering if it was the way iMemories put our home videos onto the DVD?

No comments:

Post a Comment