Saturday, December 8, 2012

Baby Julianna has been doing so well that she ended up having her surgery yesterday, at only 4 days old.  Ben had come home from the hospital in the early evening to pick up Willie from wherever he spent the day, and was going to head back downtown around midnight to pick up Estera's brother at the airport, and Estera at the hospital.  So around 9:00 I went over to babysit a sleeping Willie and (in theory) spend the night.  Willie did wake up a couple of times and cry for a minute or two, but I just waited outside his bedroom door, and he went right back to sleep.  (Expecting Mom or Dad, and seeing me, would most likely have not gone well.)  

Since I woke up when they got home (Ben and Estera look absolutely wiped out) I headed home after all.  But first Estera offered to show me some pix of their new sweetie - she's just adorable!  (Still, who knew a tiny baby could use so many tubes/wires and machines!)

In a little bit Linda will be here, and we're heading over to the funeral for Laura's beloved sister Amy, who was only 48.  I never met Amy (she lived in Kingman), but I know that she and Laura were very close, and it's been quite a blow.  
Grief is the price we pay for love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment