Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I just finished a book, Immortal Bird by Doron Weber, that has held me captive the past several days.  It certainly is a powerful 'reminder' to appreciate our children's good health!
"A family's love lies at the heart of this gifted boy's fight to survive.  Born with a congenital heart defect that required surgery when he was a baby, Damon Weber lives a big life with spirit and independence that have always been a source of pride to his parents, Doron and Shealagh.  But when Damon is diagnosed with a new illness as a teenager, his triumphant coming-of-age tale turns into a darker and more dramatic quest: his family's race against time and a flawed health care system."
Everyone I've seen lately has commented on my new curly hairdo.  And everyone seems to like it (which is good, because there's not much I can do about it!) except possibly Tom, who arrived home last night and kept commenting on how weird it is.  But he did get used to my Yul Brynner look this past year, so I assume he'll (eventually) come around.

Tom did admire my new quilt ("Did you know that the ladies signed the blocks?" LOL) and even tried to steal it, saying it was the perfect size to curl up in.

Of course I told him what I thought of that idea....

I've been up since 4:00 this morning - not sure why - and half expected to get a call to come in and sub for Diane again today.  I just found out that she did end up having a root canal yesterday afternoon; it was no surprise that she was somewhat apprehensive about that possibility when she left.  But (amazingly) she's back at work today -   let's hear it for pain pills!

I have a bunch of errands to run this morning which include mailing a couple of packages for Tom - sure hope I can work the automatic postage machine myself since since there will no doubt be another line out the door.  So I guess I'd better get started; no doubt I will fade this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment