Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mary and Patti and I enjoyed Les Mis this afternoon; I knew it was a musical but hadn't realized that the entire movie was an operetta. We came out 3 hours later to slimy, wintery weather (hey, it's winter as far as we here in Phoenix are concerned!)  Glad I wore a nice, heavy sweatshirt. 

Before I left I'd asked Tom is there was anything I could get for him.  He thought soup might be good in a bit, so I got out a pan and bowl, and left his 3 'first choices' of canned soup on the counter.  

After the movie I came home to everything just as I'd left it; it turns out he decided he didn't want soup, and so went out for a bite to eat.  Who took him?  
Since Alex was still asleep (I left here at noon) Tom drove himself... so much for following doctors' orders and not driving (or even sitting in the front seat!) for 6-8 weeks.  He was never one for following rules (rules are only for other people) but you'd think he would want to do everything the doctors have told him to help his body heal.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  He spent the day following his vasectomy moaning and groaning on the couch 

but the day after that he was in the backyard moving boulders and working on the rock wall (so much for avoiding heavy lifting for 6 weeks...)

No comments:

Post a Comment