Friday, December 7, 2012

Thursday was a long  (but certainly fun!) day.  Once I got up and showered I headed over to pick up Carol. Of course we made the 'obligatory' stop at nearby 35th Ave. for fabric, then headed over to pick up Betty.  From there it was a straight shot to I-10, where we headed west past Buckeye (almost to the Palo Verde nuclear plant) to Jean's house to deliver her thermorests.  She really does live far out - Carol's description was Hell's half acre - but my trusty GPS got us there without any difficulty.  I got to see some of Jean's quilts; I especially really liked the one she made of their cabin in Greer. (Sadly she had to stop quilting several years ago between her arthritis and failing eyesight.) I did wish I'd remembered to bring my camera, but at least I did have my cell phone so you can get some idea.  Hard to tell, but the fabrics she used were perfect!

Our ext stop was Pennie's, and I LOVE her new house!  This time last year she had been looking at one right down the street from me, and I was disappointed when she ended up way out west, even father away than before.  But after seeing the house she fell in love with and chose, I fully understand! (And 'forgive' her <g> for not settling down the street from me.)  It's an amazing place - every room, closet, nook and cranny etc. has amazing angles.  If I ever (!) build a place, I want that architect!

Then it was off to lunch in Avondale at Ed's Fish & Chips (her old family restaurant that she just got back last month.)  We ate our fill (and then some!) and finally headed back to the city.  After I dropped Betty and Carol off I head straight home, with only a brief stop at Circle K to pick up the money order.  (Since Carol and Jean both paid me in cash for their 4 thermorests I was flush with cash.)  After a soak in the hot tub to appease my back I was in bed the rest of the afternoon and evening.  I got a good nigtht's sleep, and am now heading over to Park Meadows to be the Reading Wizard.

Happy Friday!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment