Thursday, December 20, 2012


6:00 am update:

I just called the hospital to talk with Tom's night nurse, and he said Tom had a great night. They already have him walking laps around the unit. 

 Everything is going better than we could have expected, and except for pain around the sternum (no real surprise!) there are no issues.

The nurse surprised me by asking if I wanted to speak to Tom (at 6:00 in the morning? I'm not sure Tom even knows that there's a 6:00 am.....) Tom sounds very chipper and upbeat (coffee helped!) and said that Tony had already removed a lot of his attachments. And I expect the chest drainage tubes to come out today, which should help alleviate some of his chest pain.

I expect it will be another long 12-hour day at the hospital (although I do have a lunch date at Le Chalet with Renee that Tom insists I keep since I 'have to eat anyway'.) There is a couch in the room, so I am able to stretch out and be quite comfortable.  
Well maybe not that comfortable....  And of course at some point they'll move him out of ICU into a regular room, and I know I'll miss that couch! 

Onward and upward!

1 comment: