Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Absolutely wonderful holiday party with Foothills ladies - quite a difference from this time last year!  (As I was walking out the door for the party that December day a year ago the phone rang, and I picked it up; in retrospect I should have let the machine get it.  The voice on the other end basically said, "You have cancer.  You have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow.  Goodbye."  Of course I was in shock at the party (as Chapter Chair it didn't occur to me to not show up....) although nobody knew what was wrong until I shared the news after the holidays.  And here I am a year later, getting close to the end of my treatment.

I'm not usually rendered speechless, but it happened today.   Also a few tears.
At today's luncheon the Foothill ladies presented me with a WONDERFUL friendship quilt that Linda put together, appliqued a stunning border, and quilted.  Each woman signed her block (not sure if you'll be able to tell from the picture.)  Look at all the bright colors they used for me.  Now I can hardly wait for this afternoon's nap to use it - I am so blessed to have such caring friends!  Linda took pix, and as soon as she e-mails them to me I'll be sure to share them  (Sharing is good!) 

Afterward I popped over to Wal-Mart to take care of my (long over-due) Target list.  The store was pretty crowded, but could have been worse.  I did end up spending $115 - and mostly on non-fun stuff (like TP and PT, Tide, cleaning supplies, vitamins, etc.)  Then I made a deposit at the bank, picked up another book from the library (I'm pretty much getting to read them as they float to the top of my Hold list) and also a prescription at the drug store.  Think I'm done running errands for today.

Time to snuggle up under my new quilt and read.
And if I should happen to fall asleep, that's okay!


No comments:

Post a Comment