Thursday, May 19, 2016

Yesterday afternoon I got more accomplished.  The mail is mostly taken care of (still have a stack of magazines), the pool is cleaned and topped off, porches are swept, laundry is done, etc. Patti stopped by after work to drop off my plant and visit for a short while. With school ending next week it's a very hectic time, and she's pretty wiped out.  



When Patti left I headed across the street to feed Joy & Dick's horse. Estera was out front with Julianna and Tommy so we had a chance to catch up a little; she's also wiped out (between the 3 kids, no sleep, and her current pregnancy.)  


They did go over with me to feed Sparky, who had been watching the clock <g> and was more than ready for his dinner.  I was originally supposed to feed him again this morning, but Joy called last night to say they had come home early because of the mosquitoes.  She did mention that they explored the prettiest box canyon up there, and saw the most spectacular sunset ever.  And for Arizona, known for sunsets, that's pretty impressive.



By the time I got home Alex had already started dinner (a yummy pasta dish), and tomorrow he's grilling steaks and doing corn-on-the-cob and asparagus.  So if anyone's worried about me starving before Tom gets back (by Sunday) you can rest easily.  After dinner Alex picked some of the peaches (they're really big this year!) before he and Aja headed off for their evening; today he should be able to harvest the rest of the crop.  Anyone need any yummy peaches?  Unfortunately the entire crop ripens as the same time so it's use-it-or-lose-it.



Last night I was still wide-awake at 11:00 - and it took me a while to figure out why.  I am going to blame it on the dish of chocolate ice cream I had after lunch.  I thought that was early enough in the day not to affect me, but it would appear not.



The cable box on the TV in the family room is 'talking' to me this morning, clicking away constantly.  At first I thought it was one of the woodpeckers, but tracked down the sound.  I'm guessing we need a new box?  The constant clicking is somewhat distracting (I can still hear it here at the computer, so when I'm in the kitchen or when I'm sewing it's that much louder.)  Of course I should be able to get a replacement, and I'm assuming Alex can hook it up for me.  But in the meantime... 



It's not like I can avoid that room. I've got to start cutting my dozen sets of twenty 1.5" strips for next month's log cabin exchange, and more importantly I need to get organized for my June 15 demo on inserting a flange in a binding.  (I got volun-turd.)  Since I haven't actually done that before (though it's a simple process, and I do know what to do) it's a little like the blind leading the blind... and may take a little longer to work up my samples of each step.  Stay tuned for any headaches in that department.... lol!



I still haven't quite finished with the pix from vacation, and yesterday (as the official photographer for Busy Bees) I took pix of Donna's trunk show and Show & Tell.  Now I also need to  resize/crop/orient all of those photos so I can post them to the website. 



But I really am going to share some Maryland pix soon.  I have some time this morning to work on them before I have to be at OT, and the only thing on the afternoon agenda is schlepping over to Lakes Imaging for my DEXA scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment