Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Ellen's demo at Foothills this morning, on rotary cutting, 
was informative and interesting.  


I did learn a couple of things, and am really excited to try her Power Cutting method for the rest of my Log Cabin strips.  It should make that go way faster!



I was sad to hear (from Louise) that we've lost another one of our Busy Bees.  Jean Allen was in her 90s and her health had been failing this past year, but it was still somewhat of a shock.



After Foothills I stopped at JoAnn's to get some new rotary blades (which should also make the cutting much easier) and while there also found something for Mom to use in her flower vase.  Then I swung by the jeweler to have my ring checked -  last night "new" Tom noticed that one of the prongs on my diamond was snagged.  Once that was taken care of I stopped at a new restaurant a few doors away and grabbed a gyro panini (never did have breakfast today and by then it was almost 1:00) which was quite tasty.  Since everything on the menu sounded appealing I'm likely to go back.  So it's nice that it's so close, at 35th and Bell.

Colleen called around 5:00 to see if I was home (I was) so she and the kids stopped by, partly because the girls needed to change their clothes but mostly because they had something to give me: a penguin!  I also had something for Gracie, a couple of mega-books of MadLibs, so of course we had to do several of those (always fun) until it was time for them to go to Gracie's function at Peter Piper's Pizza.






No comments:

Post a Comment