Thursday, May 19, 2016

Apparently mid-afternoon is a good time to get blood drawn; the waiting room at the lab was virtually empty.  There was a young mom in there with her 4-year-old daughter.  Lily had already had her blood drawn (she was sporting a pretty yellow wrap), and mom was trying to get her to drink some water because they also needed a urine sample, but Lily was not being particularly cooperative.  I asked Lily if she'd been brave during her blood draw and she nodded shyly; when I said I was there for the same reason, she came right over and gave me a hug.  Such empathy!  


I managed to distract Lily with the first game on my iPad, the flying sheep (thank you, Marilyn) and she did drink her water.  Her mom was impressed with the way I got her to cooperate, and asked how many grandchildren I have; she was surprised when I told her I didn't have any, though I did mention that I'd been an elementary school teacher for many years. 




Alex's dinner tonight was delicious; he can cook for me any time!
Sadly there are no leftovers...



After dinner he showed me his upcoming schedule (always subject to change) which runs into September.  Once again he'll be logging a LOT of miles criss-crossing the country. He also showed me the picture and video clip of one of the RockStar trucks ("the nicest one in the fleet") that caught on fire today and reportedly then blew up!  Luckily (!) none of the guys were hurt, and no word on what happened to the trailer they were pulling.  I try not to worry about Alex being out on the road all the time (as the character in Bridge of Spies kept saying, "Would it help?") but this news certainly doesn't help.


No comments:

Post a Comment