Monday, May 9, 2016

With our lunch plans obviously cancelled for today Mom and I decided to check out the eclectic store she had read about in the Washington Post Magazine. (We were planning to do that on Wednesday, but now we'll be attending a funeral that day instead.) Except that when I got to Mom's apartment she hadn't been able to find the article about the store that she'd saved - because I had put it In the envelope with the clippings she gave me and it was back at Mink Hollow. The problem was compounded by the fact that neither one of us could remember the name of the store, at least for a while. But eventually Mom remembered part of the name, which jogged my memory for the rest of it, so we were able to look it up online. The directions and the map were contradictory, but we did manage to find Wake Up Little Suzie. It turned out to be a fun place to look around (though the merchandise was definitely over-priced) and I made several gift purchases. Did pass on the cute crab earrings when I saw the $90 price tag.... 

We lunched at a Thai restaurant just a few shops away, which turned out to be an excellent choice. Both of our meals, which we shared, were exceptionally good.  The rest of the afternoon we watched a Netflix (it had sounded good but neither one of us was very impressed) and then had dinner with her friends Mildred, JJ, Gloria and Evelyn.  I hadn't met this group before, but they were a fun bunch and we sat around talking long after we'd finished eating.

I'm tired of the rain, though the windshield wipers in Mom's 14-year-old car are very 'entertaining'. There are a number of other little things wrong with the car (which despite its age doesn't have that many miles on it) including the memory settings for the seat/mirrors, and the right turn signal which beats in double time. If I open the car with the key instead of the clicker it keeps my now-perfect settings instead of reverting to Mom's, and I've clipped up the broken visor, but have no idea how to calm down the turn signal... <g>

Andy says his interview with the governor seemed to go well; it actually lasted longer than scheduled, which sounds like a good sign! Now we'll just have to wait for the actual decision to be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment