Saturday, April 16, 2016

We had some intense winds yesterday, all the more frightening because they seemed to come out of nowhere (as opposed to building up.)  It even picked up stuff on the (somewhat sheltered) back porch, and I got a real scare when I saw something at the bottom of the pool that initially looked like Pokey!  It turned out to just be a towel, but I ran out with real intentions of diving into the (COLD!) water to rescue her.


The pool, of course, was a mess this morning - though it looks a lot better after I spent considerable time scooping out the floaters.  Later today I'll check for additional downed bird nests.  The last one I found, which came down in Sunday's rainstorm, went to school with Anna.


Luckily I did not have to rescue the bunny that was in the yard this morning when I let Tilly out - because she never even noticed it!  


Tilly is already somewhat in the doghouse today.  


Last night during Jeopardy she kept bothering me to go for our nightly walk (which we usually take right after the show is over) and I kept telling her to wait.  Except apparently she couldn't, and when I got off the couch to get her leash and head out I stepped in her puddle.  At least it was on the kitchen tile and not the carpet.


Nothing major on today's agenda, though I am going to go to an Open House up the street where the emus live.  I like to see the neighborhood houses that go on the market, and then see what they sell for.  Not that we're planning to sell any time soon.


I'm also going over to another neighbor's house today so I can do their irrigation for them on Friday (when they're off having fun camping.)  Everyone's set-up is different.


No comments:

Post a Comment