Wednesday, April 27, 2016

It's a lovely morning to work in the yard, and I've already gotten a lot done. 


 All six of the large bushes out front are now trimmed, and after my break I plan to more trimming in the back.


 I've also made the first (of many) trips across the street with Alex's Little Red Wagon to collect dirt.  (Ben ended up with a large pile of dirt after he leveled the front yard to make their irrigation water flow better, and it's free to any takers.)  So now the two depressions out back (hidden by grass) that I kept managing to 'find' on a regular basis are now filled with dirt and can no longer 'attack' me, and the rest of that first load filled in other low spots along the fence.  A lot of grapefruit and oranges came down in the wind (along with another bird's nest) and needed to be picked up so the trash can is filling up quickly.



This morning while I was soaking in the hot tub and chatting on the phone with Mom one of the hummingbirds startled me when flew over and hovered right in front of my face.  



The nearby feeder has recently been cleaned and filled, 
so it wasn't like the little guy was telling me I needed to get busy!



No comments:

Post a Comment