Thursday, April 7, 2016

Busy Bee's Garden Party with the Foothills invitees yesterday was a lot of fun - and I have the pictures to prove it.  Of course I knew all of the ladies, but it was fun watching the others making new friends.

Carol's quilt had a spot 'front and center'.  If anyone is interested in buying some raffle tickets <g> it's the usual $1/ticket, or 6/$5.




To get the fun started we played LRC with the 2.5 x 6.5 floral prints we had brought with us. While it might not have been quite as exciting as playing with $ (like at Bunko) it still got everyone pumped up.  Gena won at our table, and was properly excited.  (She also won the jellyroll strips!)


There were raffle baskets and door prizes.  June and Carol at our table use walkers, so when they turned out to be winners I did the legwork for them.  Which may be why I missed hearing my name called - I came home with a cute little plant (possibly a salvia?) that fits right in on the front porch.)

June

Carol

Pam won TWO of the raffle items!
And Joyce looks pretty pleased with her door prize.




Joni's door prize was a Blooming Sanctuary coloring book.  When I was leafing through it I found a perfect drawing to use as a pattern for a wall-hanging to make for my bird-watching group. But when I asked her if she'd make a copy of it for me 'one of these days' what did she do instead? Tear it out and give it to me.  Thank you, Joni!



Of course we had lots of delicious food!







Let's eat!



 But even better than the food was the Show&Tell of some 'garden' quilts.  I didn't have one with flowers, so I brought my Brazen Bluebirds to share.



Carol shared this one that her Mom did (by hand, many years ago) 
of embroidered state flowers.



I liked Irene's BQ (pattern look familiar, Bana?) which she made to showcase flower prints to remind her of visit to Hawaii.



One of these days I may eventually get around to making a watercolor quilt (I already have several of the books) like this one Joyce brought in.



Carolyn's work is always lovely,
and these paper-pieced flowers were no exception.



Louise has bunnies in her garden -


and Monica has ants!



There were a number of spring bags:

Betsy's...

Carolyn's...

and while Sharon didn't bring in her bag,
she did bring in the wallet that she made to go with it.


Unfortunately, the wallet turned out to be a little too large to fit into the bag.  See, even experienced quilters like Sharon run into problems once in a while!


There were lots more quilts yesterday, but I'm moving on.  It's now evening and I'd like to get this posted some time before bedtime!

Myra picked me up last night for an evening of book discussion (Cattle Kate by Jana Bommersbach) and more yummy food at Cheri's up in Anthem. Our food always coordinates with the book, and several recipes were taken right from Ella's kitchen. Myra brought along her usual array of impressive desserts, and I was most curious to taste the Vinegar Pie, which only has a handful of ingredients.  I expected it to taste like vinegar (duh!) but it turned out to be really good (and all but one of the ladies, who thought it too sweet, agreed with me.)  FYI: LU was Ella's brand.



I brought 3 tublets of potato salad: original, redskin, and mustard. One of the women had brought beans, and I asked if there was any meat in it.  She said she'd put turkey in, so I scooped some onto my plate.  When I got back to my seat and actually looked at it there was a large piece of bacon in it - which I guess she'd forgotten 'might' be counted as meat...


Then the woman who had brought the cornbread (I'd taken a slice) said there was bacon in that.  However there was plenty of other food and I certainly did NOT go hungry!



This morning was OT.  Today I saw a different therapist; Connie had come out of retirement to fill in for my originally scheduled therapist while she was out of town (for her mother's final days and funeral) but Leoni was now back at work.  It was a good session, and at the end we measured my grip.  My good hand measured 50 on the meter, and my bad hand got up to 22.  Leoni didn't give me an strengthening exercises for home (though we did do some there) because she wants to give my hand another week or so to heal.  I'm working hard at being patient because I know in the long run it will be best to let everything heal.  But I really am looking forward to being able to use that hand again!



It was overcast all day and this evening the wind is picking up.  We're supposed to get some rain (possibly later tonight but more likely tomorrow.)  And yes, as a matter of fact tomorrow IS irrigation.



No comments:

Post a Comment