Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Estera and Willie surprised me by dropping by with lunch for me.  She'd made up a big batch of veggie tuna salad (too much for them to eat) and it really hit the spot.


Fortified, I left to run my errands (drug store, library, quilt store, bank, etc.)  All went well until my last stop, the grocery store.  By then I was starting to run out of steam (I have been up since 4:00) plus I'd rather do just about anything, even clean the bathroom, rather than grocery shop.  


Got all my items, and headed to an empty (!) line.  The young cashier said she'd be right back (she had to show her last customer where something was) so I was getting ready to unload my cart onto the conveyer belt when the manager said not to since she was getting ready to send that clerk on her lunch break.  Instead the manager directed me to Lane 4, which wasn't currently open.  So I headed over and started to unload, just as the first cashier arrived back and wondered why I'd bailed from her station; I let her know she was going to lunch. <G>


Unfortunately it was Carol who came over to open up Lane 4, saying "it'll be a little bit" because she had to fill up her till.  I'll do anything to avoid her line (even use Ann's, who I used to think was slow).  People who showed up after me went to other lines and were out of the store before Carol even started on my order.  And yes, once she started processing my groceries she was even slower than usual (who knew that was even possible?!)


The final straw was when she started a bag by putting grapes on the bottom, and next was getting ready to put in a heavy bottle of juice when I stopped her.

    

Okay, done ranting.

    
I'm very grateful for our fully-stocked stores, and I'm even more grateful that I have the resources to buy healthy food.  Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment