Monday, September 8, 2014

My ploy to make it rain (by filling the pool yesterday) worked.  


Norbert has been dumping rain all night, and is still going strong; our yard is underwater again as if we had had irrigation.  Oh wait.... we just did!  So far we are nice and dry inside, although some friends on FB have not been as lucky.  

There have been numerous weather alerts on my phone (one woke up Tom at 3:00) and they are warning folks to stay home today if at all possible.  The roads are gonna be wet, folks...



Yesterday I played with my new kitten fabric (instead of working on the wedding quilt, I know, Mom) and finished up a whole bunch of framed squares.  Then I looked in my fabric stash for something to sash the blocks with.  Started out looking for something in a cream or light brown, to coordinate with the kittens, but we all know that I really only have brights in my vast collection.  Eventually I found a fabric should work, and brighten up the quilt much better than browns would!



I cooked dinner last night (what a nice surprise for Tom), whipping up a recipe I'd enjoyed at Terry's last month.  Mine turned out okay, although (gee, what a surprise...NOT!) it wasn't nearly as good as when she made it.  


I'd invited Alex to join us for dinner, although he was a little late (he was helping a friend move, using Tom's truck/trailer) and got home just as we were finishing up our meal.  But he didn't seem to mind eating 'leftovers'.  

Tonight after work he is bartending in Scottsdale.  (I forget the name of the place - it's not the 'usual' spot.)


It would appear that Alex may have gotten an early start on drinking during the summer of '93... but remember: appearances can be deceiving!



Alex has invited us to join him there for dinner beforehand.  
So that's another night Tom doesn't have to cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment