Sunday, September 14, 2014

"Angry Housewives" at Arizona Broadway Theater was a hoot last night, and the four of us (Patti, Wanda, Jeannie & I) enjoyed the good food, great cast, entertaining songs, and many, many laughs.  Despite the theater's proximity (near 75th & Bell) and the fact that they've been open for ten years, none of us had been there before - but we're likely to go again after such a delightful experience.  I'm so lucky Tami offered me the tickets!


By the time I got home it was 10:30, and I was pretty wide awake (I did drink some caffeine in the afternoon just so I wouldn't fade during the evening, plus I had some decadent rich chocolate-chocolate cake for dessert) so I didn't get to sleep until rather late.  I was unpleasantly surprised when I woke up very early this morning... had hoped to 'sleep in', like maybe til 7:00?  But t'was not to be.  <sigh>


So I called Mom and chatted with her.  Neither one of us ever really has much 'news', but somehow we managed to stay on the phone for almost an hour.  (Dad always wondered how we managed that.)

  
Once Tom woke up I was able to start mowing.  I got the backyard done (with breaks to cool off in the pool) and then the rest of the yard: Back 40, around the cottage, etc. So for the time being at least we're in good shape.  At least today I didn't run into anything with the mower; when I mowed the front yard I bumped into my largest cache pot (in the corner, with the salvia it in) and that whole side shattered.  It was surprising, because I barely tapped it.  Of course I'm going to have to buy another pot and replant it, but maybe I can do something like this with the broken pot?

 
All that yardwork did wear me out, though, especially since I woke up tired


so I opted for an afternoon nap on the couch - until my sister called.  Again, neither one of us had much news, but somehow we also managed to chat for almost an hour.



Tomorrow I'm subbing, so I hope I get a good night's sleep tonight; being on my feet all day teaching is usually exhausting!


No comments:

Post a Comment