Monday, September 29, 2014

Today's SMILE is courtesy of one of the (many!) catalogs that clog our mailbox this time of year:


Due to the weekend's abundant rainfall (and, no doubt, the flood of complaints after they irrigated as usual after the huge storm a few weeks ago) this cycle of irrigation, originally due to start today, has been cancelled.  WISE MOVE!


When I called Joy across the street to let her know that irrigation had been cancelled, she mentioned that three large limbs had come down off of one of their trees during Saturday's storm.  Amazingly they fell neatly in the small area between the carport and the fence (as if they had been stacked by hand) and did no damage!


Yesterday my Check Tire Pressure light came on in the car, 
so this morning I did just that.
  

The tires should be at 32, and none of them were: two were at 30, one was at 28, and one (likely the culprit that tripped the sensor) was down to only 25.  The guy at the tire place said it becomes an issue if it drops to 20, so I'm happy to find that I'll get plenty of notice before that happens.  He said that my tires look good, with lots of tread - and then asked if I'd put nitrogen in the tires.  Whaaaaat?  Something about the valves, but of course I knew nothing about that. 



I picked up paint, masking tape, a drop cloth, etc. this morning, so in theory I'm all ready to paint.  



When I do as much as I can today I'll be back to post some of the San Francisco pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment