Friday, September 26, 2014

I got home a little while ago; luckily my flight was not one of the almost 2,000 cancelled today (because of the sabotage at the Chicago airport that shut down the air traffic controls) although it was delayed almost an hour.  The real issue was that they kept changing the gate, each time to the other end of the terminal.  But the flight itself was uneventful, my luggage made the same trip I did, and Alex was there to pick me up.  The skies looked quite threatening as we landed, but we didn't run into a dust storm on the drive home.  Not much planned for this evening - will unpack and do laundry tomorrow, then make a trip to the grocery store.  I'll also load my photos so I can start sharing them.

Some things I forgot to mention the past couple of days:

Stinking Rose restaurant sign: We flavor our garlic with food
Golden Gate Bridge built to sway in the wind... Up to 27 feet!
No great white sharks in the bay, but a rock outside the bay, in sight of the bridge, has lots of sea lions... And third largest concentration of great white sharks in the world.  They don't come into the bay because the salt water is 'contaminated' by fresh water.
Golden Gate Park is over 1,000 acres, which makes it larger than Central Park in NY
Alcatraz means pelicans (alcatraces in Spanish)

No comments:

Post a Comment