Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yesterday morning was a trip to the dentist and the grocery store.  In the afternoon I did a little sewing, and finished up last Wednesday's table runner (although it still needs a border.)  In the evening watched a Netflix Her, which we both thought moved really slowly.


We did get a smattering of additional rain yesterday, but nothing worth mentioning.  So I won't bother.


This morning is the monthly meeting at Foothills.  I've volunteered (along with Carole) to bring the refreshments, so in a bit I need to head into the kitchen to 'cook' (cut up cantaloupe, strawberries, and snip grapes into manageable sections etc.)  It's not likely that my fruit presentation will look like this one of Tom's (for the potluck dinner at the annual hot springs party.)



I'm sure I'll have some show and tell pix to post later, but since I'm up early <sigh> I figured this would be a good time to share some of the quilt pix from the Colorado trip.

For BANA: This giraffe hung in a quilt store in Golden.  The colorful batik pattern was perfect for the body, and a 3D mane enhanced the overall effect.  Enjoy!


This wonky geese quilt was in the window of that same quilt store.  


Then it was off to the Quilt Museum there in Golden.  
This panel greeted visitors as we entered.


As you can see, it was colorfully embellished with a variety of stitches.


The theme of the current modern display was EVOLUTION.




I've always had a soft spot for star quilts; this one was creative and well done.


The transparent fabric gave the stars added depth, 
and the echo quilting was perfectly executed.


Don't think I've ever seen any rendering of Antelope Canyon that I haven't liked - and this was no exception!



I got some ideas for quilting from the thread play in this quilt.  These squiggles look like something I might be able to manage...


This display in a quilt store in Rifle, made from an old pair of jeans, 
gave me an idea for 'one of these days'.


We were glad we visited the museum in Vernal - 
they had an incredible display of Native American artifacts.



And as a stroke of good timing, there was also a quilt show at the museum that month!  Here is just a sampling of what was hung.


Wonky stars


Pretty landscape!


I would have chosen different colors, but I still like the effect. 


These trees were simple, but effective. 


And for 'some reason' (!) I don't have a shot of this quilt in its entirely, just some individual blocks.  But you should still be able to get the idea.








No comments:

Post a Comment