Tuesday, September 2, 2014


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE DAUGHTER!


I certainly hope her birthday includes all manner of awesome things and experiences.... which of course means lots of chocolate, right?


I'm also hoping that her birthday cards and birthday gift have arrived.  There 'may' be some issue with the address I've been using.  Did she send the right zip?  Did I copy it correctly?


Also happy birthday to quilting friend Jan Hansen
:-)

Playing catch in the pool with Tom yesterday (yes, Tom, as a matter of fact I do know I often have lousy aim throwing... but on the other hand I can catch pretty much anything, even 2 balls thrown at once) apparently wore me out so much that I again took a afternoon doze.  Or maybe I can I blame it on our warm weather?  (Temps have 'only' been hovering around 108/109, and here in Phoenix we don't call it hot until it's at least <g> 110.)


Took care of a bunch of bills this morning (at least I can see the top of my desk now) and am fairly free the rest of the day until it's time to go to dinner across the street.  So I'm hoping to squeeze in a trip over to Betty's today, and Tracy's.


Before I get busy doing other stuff I thought I'd post a few more pix from the Colorado trip this morning.  It's a very dog-friendly state.  In many of the towns it seemed like (at least) every other person we saw had a dog with him/her, and many of the stores welcomed dogs inside.



Stores in Telluride had signs directing folks to the closest Puppy Parking spot, and the stations usually included a supply of plastic bags 'just in case' your dog left a gift behind.



Although we saw dogs at the top of the mountain (getting ready to hike the trails), none made the trip up in our gondola car.  



No co-pilots apparent in this car - they were either asleep in the back (windows were left down) or cruising town with their person.



This was the puppy we expected to be staying at Neil & Terry's with us (although he didn't actually.)  Never saw him chase a frisbee, but notice there was an available stack nearby 'just in case' he got the urge?   



And no surprise I fell in love with these two Aussie siblings during their visit.  (They reminded me of Cactus and Sabra.) What's not to love?



No comments:

Post a Comment