Thursday, September 4, 2014

This morning I had 4 errands to run, all on Bell Rd., my favorite place -
to avoid!


First stop was at COX to exchange our non-functioning remote.  I arrived around 9:45, only to discover that <sigh> they don't open until 10:00.


Fifteen minutes waiting outside outside can really drag when it's this warm, so it was nice that they decided to open early... sort of; they only opened the door to let the first few people in, which (of course) did not include me.  As each customer finished and left they would let another person in.  When it was (finally) my turn, I don't think I was in the store 10 seconds.  The clerk saw the remote in my hand, and without a word reached into a bag on the counter and handed me a new one.


Second stop was at Harbor Freight; I wanted to use my 20% off coupon and finally replace the stolen hedge trimmer.  It's a fairly large store so rather than roam the aisles endlessly I found a clerk to ask where I could find one; he replied, "Home Depot".  So that was an unproductive stop.


Then as I was pulling into the parking lot of the jeweler (to have the prongs on my ring checked) I realized I'd missed making the stop at the bank to deposit a couple of checks, so I ended up having to back track.  And although I was able to deposit the checks at the drive through, there was no option for ordering new checks, so I had to park and go in after all just to drop off the reorder slip.


And if those are the current 'problems' in my life, how lucky am I?!


Plus I had yummy leftover smoked brisket awaiting me at home for lunch... and dinner! <g>





No comments:

Post a Comment