Thursday, November 7, 2013

Woke up to a yummy-smelling house this morning.  Last night I filled up the crockpot with all the ingredients for big batch of goulash and let it stew all night.  It's going with me to Wickenburg tomorrow; I'm 'on' for Friday night's dinner.  

I'll be staying with Jan in her motorhome for the duration
(remember that I won the 3-day passes for this year!)

This might be a good time to remind my loyal followers that I will be off-line for the weekend.  Think of me sitting out at the rodeo grounds, listening to wonderful bluegrass music and enjoying time with friends.  The weather forecast for Wickenburg sounds perfect (sunny, around 80) for the festival.  I feel sorry for those of you who are experiencing cool Fall weather, or even 'practicing' for WINTER!  (It was definitely hard to relate to the pix on last night's news of snowplows hard-at-it in some places already!)

I wasn't made for winter,
and love being able to wear my flip flops ALL YEAR LONG!

Irrigation is tonight (technically tomorrow 'morning") and Tom gets to have all the fun himself this time.  We landed in a really crappy time slot now that some of the folks who only irrigate in the summer have dropped out. Tom will have to do the valves up on 35th Ave. at 12:39 a.m., and then let our water go from the back ditch at 2:56 a.m.

And he is not the Night Owl he used to be!

Here's hoping a few more ahead of us also drop out
so we don't have to deal with this schedule all winter long!  

Aside from PT at 11:00 and a few errands afterward, not much else on for today except packing to head out tomorrow morning.  Maybe I'll get another whirlygig sewn up?  If I do, you'll definitely hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment