Thursday, November 14, 2013

How did I miss blogging for 2 days?  Obviously been having too much fun!

Tuesday morning I headed over to the Acura dealership where Patty's husband Steve works.  He got Kelly to help me with some of the technology issues I've been having.  We finally got the Bluetooth set up so I can voice dial a few important family numbers.  

However, the map issues seem to need an updated disk, which I have to order. The map on the screen definitely knows where the car is, and can take me to an address; however, when I input a business or restaurant chain, it directs me to one several thousand miles away.  While this is mildly entertaining

Tuesday afternoon Kathy arrived from Yuma.  I had talked her into returning for Wednesday's annual quilting program with Eleanor Burns' sister Pat Knoechel, and the delicious 'Thanksgiving' potluck afterward.  Foothills had invited the Night Owls to join us, so we had a packed house for Pat's presentation.  This year it featured Eleanor's newest book: El's Kitchen.

The quilt program yesterday morning was wonderful (as always) but I forgot to bring my camera!   The potluck afterward was scrumptious (as usual) and I'm thrilled to say that I was so full after filling my plate the first time through with healthy stuff (Laura's turkey, and a variety of salads) that I wasn't even tempted to go back and sample any of the zillions of yummy looking desserts (many of which involved chocolate!)  

In fact I remained so full that I didn't eat anything else that day until sometime after 7:00, when I nibbled on some of the turkey Laura insisted I take home!
And for dessert I had just one (!) chocolate-covered date from the 'tub' that Kathy had brought with her and left with us.  Tom was gone all day out in the wilds with Kaye and Rich, and didn't get home until late.  I had hoped to talk Kathy into staying over again (and we had plenty of leftover chicken I had BBQed the previous evening) but she did have to get back to Yuma, so I dined alone. 

After lunch Kathy and I 'had' to stop in at the Quilter's Bee since it was just a mile down the road, and between the program (which she thoroughly enjoyed) and being around me, I think she's definitely gotten the quilting bug back.

However, Kathy does have a lot of irons in the fire (jewelry making, stained glass, rock hounding, beading, etc.) so it will be interesting to hear if she is still 'infected' when she returns home to her sewing machine in Edmonton in the spring!

And now it's Thursday morning.  I have a lot of catching up to do (can barely see my desk) but at least I'm not as stressed as Tom, who just called from Kanab.  After getting up early yesterday and hiking hard all day and getting back late, he got up at 3:00 this morning and drove 5 hours to Fredonia (outside of Kanab) only to find (or actually NOT find) Dixon.  The museum is closed, and while he found Dixon's house nobody seemed to be at home.  Last week Tom had arranged to drive up there today to pick up his knives that had not sold during the season.  Between getting up early and spending all that money on gas he is understandably miffed, and is sitting around Kanab drinking coffee and deciding what to do.

I was invited to ride along, but didn't want to get up that early or spend all that time on the road, although I wouldn't have minded visiting that wonderful museum again.  However I'll be getting up early tomorrow (I'm subbing for Diane) and figured my time could be better spent at home today.  So I guess I'd better post this and get at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment