Friday, November 1, 2013

When my alarm went off at 7:00 this morning I turned it off (as usual) but then went back to sleep!  Let's just say that I felt a little rushed this morning when I finally got up and out the door, but did make it to Park Meadows on time for my monthly stint as the Word Wizard... though just barely!

Several of the classes were testing and I had to skip those, and the kindergartners were MIA for a long time until I found them in the All-Purpose Room at their Zoo!  Each student had chosen an animal and researched it, filling out his/her paper with information (what color it is, where it lives, what it eats, why it would/wouldn't make a good pet) and then made up a diorama.  I was VERY impressed with how creative the kids (and their parents?) had gotten.  There were some very clever ways to make water, or grass, or cages.  Really wished I'd had my camera or cellphone to take pix.... but didn't.  

For example, one waterhole was made from blue marbles, another from crumpled blue-painted tin foil, and one tiger was swimming in blue tissue paper.  And more than one diorama had (lots of) little tufts of grass 'growing' up from the bottom.  


When I got home I mowed the front yards - a pleasant chore when the weather is so delightful.  Not sure what's on agenda for much of the rest of the day, but I'm a real dirt ball now and a shower is definitely in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment