Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I did get a lot done today!  What a great feeling.  

Another desk has been cleaned off (I've also
been using the one in Lisa's room.) In addition to clearing away the mess, I found some things I thought were lost... like the Busy Bees raffle tickets.

I also made a bunch of phone calls, and ordered some holiday gifts.

This afternoon I ran a whole slew of piddly errands.  When I dropped off books at the library I hoped that The Book Thief would be in (I got an e-mail that it was shipped the end of last week) but it wasn't.  So obviously I'll be making another trip over there some time this week once it does show up.

In the meantime I did find a couple of books on the New shelf that looked interesting.

Next I stopped at Ace to get a key made.  Although I had to wait a long time for someone available to help me, at least the key works fine.  (Though at first when I got home and I tried it I thought it didn't work... probably because I tried it in the wrong lock!)

I hit the post office to mail off a batch of clippings to Mom (finally!) and there wasn't much of a line.  Obviously the holiday mailing crush has not started yet.  Sure would be nice to encounter the same short line when I eventually get all the gifts I've ordered, wrap them, and go to mail them.  Could I be that lucky?
Then I drove over to The Other Quilt Store to sign up for the bag class next month.  Ended up helping Amy (it's easy to make friends at the quilt store) rethink one of her fabrics for a pattern she had.  I noticed that the fabric she had initially chosen for the pinwheels was a print on basically the same background as her background, which meant the points would not really look like points.  She agreed, thanked me heartily, and chose something better.  (I also got to see a beautiful quilt in fall colors that she had with her to get Sherri's thoughts on how to quilt it.)  Amy's a flautist with the Arizona Winds, and told me about a (free!) upcoming concert nearby in a few weeks that I'm going to try to attend.

I filled up the car with gas (seems like I just did that, but it was down to half a tank) and then hit the grocery store and made a dent in my Thanksgiving shopping.  At least now we have a 15# Butterball in the freezer (there was an article in the paper recently that Butterball is experiencing a shortage this year!)

Not sure how many we'll be for Thanksgiving (besides Patti and Gary and Tom and me) - Alex will be here, and possibly Lisa and Chas (although his folks live in Scottsdale, so they are also invited there.)  Patti is pretty sure Zach has to work, but she's not sure about Joel.

When I got home from the store the pool was draining; we're having to have the new (!) plaster fixed, which is on tap for tomorrow (finally!) now that it's cooled off enough.  Tom says that the guy who set it up to drain is interested in Alex's car for his son - and also Alex's dirt bike!  It sure would be wonderful if the car sold (without much effort on Alex's part) so he had some money to buy transportation!

I didn't get any quilting in today, but I did accomplish a lot of other stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment