Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The Whirlygig class at Busy Bees was fun, and apparently I was not the only one making mistakes.  And when I sliced into one block using the wrong grid line <GRRR> I ended up having to run home for a snippet of interfacing to 'glue' the fabric back together.  

I really like the very simple method Patty demonstrated (using my 4 red quadrants) to press the block so that there's no big lump in the middle.  I was looking forward to trying it with my 4 blue ones.  But I ran into a little bit of difficulty... 

Seems I didn't have my HST block aligned correctly when I sliced it into fourths - obviously very important, and I certainly won't do THAT again!  Here's the corrected version, all finished 

and nicely pressed in the center:

That makes 2 blocks done, with 4 left to go.  
:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment