Saturday, November 23, 2013

As predicted, it's still raining steadily this morning (and I'm pretty sure it rained all night.)  We got almost 1.5" of rain yesterday, tripling the record for the date.  Not only that, it's been many, many years since we got that much rain on any date. 

It's good weather to stay inside and sew, or curl up with a good book.  However, this morning I finished The Book Thief, and I'm not ready to 'lose' that book yet by diving into another one. I am, however, going to put another one of his books, Become the Messenger, on my hold list.  Zusak certainly has a way with words!
I'm going to blame the weather pressure for my headache yesterday, which made me nauseated (and even gave me the dry heaves a few times. TMI?)  In fact I thought about canceling PT, but glad I didn't.  Even though I had to force myself to go, I did have a good session.

While I sewed yesterday morning, I watched the JFK coverage on the History Channel; the Kennedy home movie footage was pretty amazing.  

Like most folks over a certain age, I remember exactly where I was 50 years ago and how I heard the news of JFK's assassination that sad November afternoon : over the PA system, in 9th grade math class.  It was SO hard to believe.

Unfortunately, we've gotten 'so much better' at hearing bad news.

But enough of that.  Keep this in mind -

The past is gone, and cannot harm you anymore. And while the future is fast coming for you, it always flinches first, and settles in as the gentle present. This now, this us, we can cope with that. We can do this together, you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment