Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday has been a busy day.  Of course it started off at the gym with Jim.  We did an upper body workout now that I've seen the orthopedist.  I was pleased that the workout wasn't as bad as I'd expected; maybe some of the exercises at PT have been keeping some of those same muscles busy?

I stopped in at Walgreen's to pick up my Rx, then came home and showered to get ready for this afternoon's doctor appointment with the spine doctor.

That appointment went well; they took some x-rays there, and Dr. Huston pointed how how there is nice spacing between all of my vertebrae... all except for one disk that is virtually gone.  The plan of action is for me to take some NSAID (twice daily) plus do PT 2x/wk.  Not sure how that will help if the disk has just plain disintegrated, but PT worked for my shoulder so I'm more than willing to give it try for my back.

On the way back from Scottsdale I stopped in at the JoAnn's at Desert Ridge (needed to pick up some fusible fleece for the upcoming class) and was able to also get another item I needed before the Foothills party. As an extra bonus there was another store in the shopping center I needed to visit; that was on tomorrow's schedule, but now I don't have to make a special trip!

I wasn't in the house 5 minutes when Walgreen's called to say my new Rx was ready.  So I ran over there for the 2nd time today and picked it up.  I took my first pill with dinner tonight and am interested to see if it makes a difference - and if so, how much?
(How many of you remember this song???)

Lisa texted me late this afternoon to see 'if it's okay' for her to come here Tuesday night.  (I'd forgotten that her school is closed on Wednesday to give students and staff a day to travel for Thanksgiving.)

OF COURSE she can come home Tuesday!!!
Remember this book?
  

I never could read the last pages of the book - I'd get too choked up.  
Good thing Lisa was an early reader.... she'd have to finish the book for me!

In my defense...
over the years I've heard from other moms who admitted they also could not read that book without having the same emotional wallop.  

I got to play in rush hour traffic this afternoon coming home on Loop 101.  That's another thing to be thankful for... I don't have to deal with rush hour on a daily basis!

Anita called today with the new plan for our mini-reunion in Sedona.  Assuming that date works for Tami, we'll do it in early April.

No comments:

Post a Comment