Saturday, March 22, 2014

Today has been a productive day.  I've gotten to cross a whole lot of items off of my To Do list.  Granted most of it didn't take a whole lot of time, but it sure feels good!

First I had to print up a bunch of stuff for tomorrow's BIG AQG MEETING (maybe I'd better add aspirin to my list...) and get the car gassed up for the trip to Mesa (and mucked out from yesterday's yard sale leftovers.)  

And I had to make more sugar water and refill the hummer feeders; while I was in the hot tub and noticing how two bottles were empty and the third was very low, a hummer came over and hovered in front of me as if to tell me to get busy and put out more food.  And currently Mr. Peacock is hanging around the glass door out back, possibly doing the same thing.

I've been to the library (dropping off and picking up), the pool store, the gas station, and the grocery store.  (I only stopped in for half a dozen items, but was reminded why I don't usually get groceries on Saturdays - although for the first time in recorded history the automatic scanner worked on every single item!

I've washed dishes, done a couple of loads of laundry, weeded (gotta do that after every irrigation when the weeds are most cooperative), and even did a tiny bit of yard-saling while I was out and about.   (Seemed like there were signs on every street corner.)  I scored a whole box of very nice clothes hangers for $1, a fun ring and a pair of pretty beaded earrings (for only 25¢ each), and a good-sized pile of very nice children's books (also 25¢ each.)

I've also returned a bunch of phone calls, and in a bit I'm off to return the last of the borrowed tables from yesterday.  The only thing left on my list for today is to squeeze OJ, and get my hair cut when Patti gets home from all of her errands.  (She's got lots of cash today - she made more than $200 yesterday!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment