Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mary and I had a wonderful time at the AQG quilt show today.  (Patti begged off; her foot has been bothering her, and she didn't think walking/standing all day would help it any.)  We left nice and early, and got there just a few minutes after the doors opened at 9:00.  And didn't leave until close to 4:00!  We did do 'some' <g> shopping, and also sewed a couple of bags at the sew-a-thon.

The show wasn't nearly as crowded as in past years.  I'm afraid that the AQS show last month bled a lot of our usual attendees.  The smaller crowd, however, did make it easier to take pix of the quilts.  All 184 that I snapped are already uploaded to the computer (yes Bana, mere minutes after I got home) although I haven't really looked at them yet (much less cropped them.) But I do want to post my pick, I Remember Mama.  This is for you, Bana!



And here's a close-up of the quilting ladies in the center block.

My back complained a fair amount today, so I've been on heating pad pretty much since I got home and it's feeling better.  But I've got another big day tomorrow, so sitting at the computer and playing with the pix will just have to wait until at least Monday.

Alex came by for dinner (and brought some slacks for me to repair - again) and I gave him the bartending shirt I found in Mesa on Wednesday.  It should elicit smiles from his friends when he wears it to party.

And now back to the heating pad.




No comments:

Post a Comment