Friday, March 14, 2014

Marilyn's gift is finished, wrapped, and mailed.  

Now I can get started on Sandy's; her birthday is the following week.

I've also made trips to Target and Home Depot, which enabled me to cross a bunch of stuff of my list.  On my way I stopped at a yard sale up the street, and got what looks to be a brand new pillow for 25¢.  Foothills is making pillowcases for a battered women's shelter, and they need pillows (new OR gently used) to go with them.  The women and children can only stay for 3 months, and when they leave they take their pillows/cases with them.  The large shelter can go through 500 in a year.

Then I puttered in the yard.  We have a lot of volunteer lantana plants coming up, and in order to keep them full and bushy I've got to keep trimming them.  

Plus I picked up after Pokey, who is a very prolific pooper.  
Too bad I have NO chance of getting her to learn how to do this....

Lunch was yummy: leftover fish that I baked last night with Panko crumbs.  
Finally a dinner that got an excellent review!

And in light of all the bad news I've been hearing the past few weeks, still collecting smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment