Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I started on Marilyn's gift yesterday, but kept making rookie mistakes (sewing wrong sides of fabric together, etc.) and did so much ripping that I made very little progress.  Guess my mind is still elsewhere.

Went to dinner last night with some of the Night Owls, and then to their meeting.  It's a great bunch of ladies, and I already know some of them, but despite many inquiries I'm not planning on joining since I am SO not a night person!  Just tagged along so I could see their House Challenge reveal.

There were 13 entries.  Here's Jeannie's; Elvis's guitar key fits her house, so even though "Elvis has left the building" (note on bottom right) he can return at any time.

I liked Wanda's hogan.  Hope you can make out the little sheep grazing.  Her tree is free-motion embroidery, and the smoke is a puff of cotton.

This won the Viewer's Choice award.  The 'lights' on the fence are little screw-thingies.

This lighthouse was creative; too bad the light bulb was ornery and wouldn't stay on during the judging.

Show & Tell was fun - lots of pretty quilts - and Cheri showed my UGLY quilt.  Afterward they held their annual clean-out-your-sewing-room sale, and I picked up a couple of pieces of bright fabric they were practically giving away.  

Now I'm off to Foothills and our UGLY Challenge reveal.  If there's an Ugliest Quilt category and I don't win, I'll be amazed... stay tuned for results!



No comments:

Post a Comment