Monday, March 31, 2014

Shortly after I got home from the gym this morning the poolman came to drain the pool.  I had hoped that we could give all the water to the ailing cottonwoods (since we've had to cancel irrigation for this week they're going to go 4 weeks without their deep soaking) instead of just dumping it out into the Back 40.  But because there's a salt system my idea was out-voted by both Tom and the poolman.

During my morning soak in the hot tub I noticed that one of the 3 jars on the hummer feeder was empty, so when I finished soaking I took it off the feeder to bring inside to fill.  The S hook fell off - and disappeared into the grass, as if into thin air.  

I looked and looked and looked.  Later Tom helped me look, and about the time he decided we could just twist some wire and make a new hook he spotted it.  It was almost like looking for a needle in a haystack!

A few minutes ago a hummer came up to the window and hovered - and sure enough, the feeders on the back porch were also empty.  So I've refilled those.  I'm not feeding as many hummers as my sister Marilyn; and while she goes through a lot of sugar, I don't think she's feeding as many as these folks...

After a trip to the post office to mail off a package to Lisa, I headed across the street to Home Depot to look for suction cups.  And while I was there I hoped to pick up some cilantro plants (maybe the third time would be the charm?) but they were out.  

The woman in the garden department said it flies off the shelf and they just can't keep it in stock.  Not wanting to leave without something green <g> I ended up with chocolate mint.  What a great smell!  

As long as I was re-potting that, I also re-potted the baby tomato plants.  (And found another baby tomato!)  And then I watered all the plants. It's going to be 'cool' this week (try not to laugh, Mom - or cry!) and it's delightful working out in the yard.  Unfortunately, before we know it <SIGH>  it'll be too hot out there to enjoy it.

I talked to Anita today and confirmed plans to pick her up at the airport Thursday morning.  We'll head to Sedona on Friday afternoon, and Tami will meet us there later that day.  I foresee lots of gabbing over the weekend...!


I've continued to have jaw pain and difficulty chewing, so I'm back to consult with the dentist tomorrow.  At least I think I've finally figured out what's causing the problem, but have no idea what it will take to fix it.  However I'm pretty sure it won't be easy (or cheap!)

Lots to do around the house since I was gone all day Saturday and Sunday, so guess I'd better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment