Sunday, March 23, 2014

The ladies were all here on time this morning, and by the time they'd all parked out back along the ditch it looked like a regular parking lot.  I should have taken a picture!  The 10 of us managed to fit into 2 vehicles... just not mine.  

Judy and I attended the morning session of the AQG meeting (while the other 8 ladies were doing quilt intake) and it was quite civilized - apparently the more rancorous group was slated for the afternoon.  It went better than I expected; at least AQG is not folding at the moment!

  We did get volunteers for the Secretary and Treasurer positions, and hopefully the afternoon will result in a President and VP (instead of them just griping about the current board, which has been doing a tremendous job with just a few people filling ALL the positions.)  

A nice surprise afterward was that there was donated fabric for us to take home.  I picked up some more browns for Jeff/Priscilla's quilt for whenever <g> I get back to work on it.  During the meeting I also got more done on the baby bib; now I'm on the 7th (and last) letter.  I do need to finish it so I can take it with me to the gym tomorrow morning.

And then, when it's finally finished, I'll post a picture.

Once the meeting ended and Judy and I ate our lunch, we got to have the real fun: helping with unpacking and laying out the quilts coming in for the show.  There were lots and lots of stunning ones, and I don't think I saw any I wouldn't mind taking home!

Lynn (who is in charge of the quilt show) has very tough standards/demands and can be difficult to please. She told us that the intake this year went better than it ever had.  Great job, ladies!

I just made a quick trip over to the nearby 99¢ Store for a spray bottle (no idea what happened to mine) then whipped up a batch of soapy water and sprayed the aphids on the tomato plant.  I was very happy to see that the little devils were not at all happy with the spray.  Hopefully a few more applications will finish them off.  I want tomatoes...like this!

Now I'm going to just relax, possibly catch up on the last couple of days' papers.  Maybe there will be a good movie on TV tonight.  Last night we watched I Love You, Alice B. Toklas, an oldie from 1968 with Peter Sellers (that I had never seen!)

Brownies, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment