Friday, March 28, 2014

Despite the on-going battle with the aphids (they're not bad, but I just can't seem to totally eradicate them) I have at least 4 tomatoes, and another several 'almosts', where the blooms are gone, but I can't quite see a tiny baby yet.

Mutt & Jeff continue to visit almost daily, teasing me.  Tom was NOT happy when Mr. Peacock set up shop outside the bedroom the other morning and woke him much earlier than he would have liked, so he's trying to shoo them away.  

They don't seem to take the hint.

And this morning, heading back to the guest house, 
look what I (finally!) caught in the shade in the Back 40!

I ran back into the house and grabbed my camera.  They will only let me get 'so close', so I stayed back and zoomed in.  Of course the color isn't nearly as dramatic as when he's in the sun, but at least I'm getting closer to the money shot!


They do make an odd couple, don't they?


No comments:

Post a Comment