Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Show-and-Tell is my favorite part of the monthly quilt meetings 
(and I know I'm not the only one) and today was no exception.
Because I write the blurb for the monthly AQG Chatter, I also take pix to accompany each submission.  You would  think I'd know by now to recharge my camera batteries the evening before, because this is not the first time my camera has died on me.  (Wish it would give some warning before just shutting down!)  So Carla passed me her camera; I took one picture, and her battery died.  Carolyn then lent me hers (which is similar to mine - in fact she got the same brand because she really liked the pix mine took) but it worked somewhat differently, so I wasn't really comfortable with it.  NEXT month I'll be better prepared!

This afternoon I had my well woman checkup - probably not anyone's favorite way to spend the afternoon - but at least I liked the new doctor, and I got a clean bill of health pending the results of the Pap.  Afterward (so the afternoon wouldn't be a total loss...) I rewarded myself by stopping in at a new quilt store just a few blocks away.  While her inventory is still small (she only opened 10 days ago) I liked everything in there, so I'm sure I'll be back.  

And yes, I did make several purchases.  Surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment