Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bunko

Last night was Bunko at Edie's house.  
As usual a fun evening - and even more so last night because

I shared the "most bunkos" pot with Helene, and also took home the "most wins" pot all by myself, having won 13/18.  Always nice to come out ahead!  Helene stopped in afterward to see my quilts and was most complimentary about them, certainly a nice finish to the evening. 

In a few, off to Wickenburg for their annual bluegrass festival.  
In the 32 years since its inception, I have only missed it once, when I was in Maryland visiting family.  When the kids were little, they had a great time there, climbing the hills, catching lizards, looking for nickels in the haystack, etc. The music is always great, and it looks like the predicted storm I was concerned about earlier in the week has been moving more slowly than expected (I can certainly relate to that!) and is going to hold off until tomorrow.  Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment