Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Gingerbread Boys will be going to show-and-tell at Quilting this morning sans eyes and buttons, but they said they don't mind. 

Check out this possibility for a 'somewhere down the line' quilt:

Love straight lines that don't behave!

I got my first holiday package mailed off yesterday, which was a wonderful feeling.  Only one more batch of presents that will need to be mailed.  Would be great if that happened sooner rather than later, but that will only happen if I get busy and figure out what to get them... so guess I'd better move that to the top of the list.

It was not anywhere near as warm as predicted yesterday (when our temps plummet below 70 I haul out the sweatshirts.)  And the next few days they're talking about highs only in the 50s (since that's where our lows usually are, they made sure they were very clear that these absurd temps were going to be the highs just so there wouldn't be any confusion out in TV Land.)  On the plus side, at least we know it's only for a few days.  I do NOT miss the winters of my childhood!!!!!!!!!!
It certainly didn't help that my bedroom had 2 outside walls, was situated over the (unheated) garage, and (just to add insult to injury) was last on the heating line.  Just stepping into my room from the hallway I could feel the temperature drop.  Always said that when I could choose where I lived it would be some place warm (still not sure how I landed myself on Lake Michigan outside of Chicago for college...!) And that's why I'm happy in Arizona, despite our slightly warm summers.


No comments:

Post a Comment