Wednesday, November 16, 2011

hot tub update

On Sunday I was able to get power restored to the hot tub merely by flipping the breakers - but when I turned on the heater it made 'funny' crackling noises, AND smoke started wisping up from the unit.  

That was a NO BRAINER and (DUH!) I quickly shut it off. 
By the time I could find a hot tub repairman (but before I actually called him today) it had dried out underneath from Alex's thorough cleaning over the weekend, so this afternoon I thought I'd give it the old college try.  Happy to report that this time there were no noises and no smoke, and the tub is now happily heating.  When I checked after dinner it was up to about 90 degrees, which isn't warm enough yet - but I should be able to take a nice early morning soak tomorrow.  

While it won't be quite the same as my early morning soaks at the hot springs in Colorado (this is one of my favorite spots on the planet:)
 it will do quite nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment